Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's official-Sophie is part monkey!

Yesterday after a busy morning of a preschool field trip to the nature center (post to follow), we came home to rest and have naps. Sophie had been in her room for more than an hour. I assumed she was sleeping, because usually if she is not sleeping, she is talking or banging on the wall. Benny and I were having some quite time when we heard a loud crash followed by crying. Sophie had fallen out of her crib! I am not sure how she managed it yet. The gate came up to her chin and she didn't have anything to stand on to help her out. She was quite shaken up, but seems no worse for the wear. Has anyone else had a child do this???? Needless to say, Daddy lowered the mattress last night. It seems we have survived yet another dare devil stunt by Sophie!

4 comments:

Childress Family said...

Oh no! Glad she's ok. She'll never remember! ;-)

Embrace the Circus said...

Oh, Sarah, it's like a glimpse into my future! My big worry is that Madeline will figure out how to climb/fall out of the crib before she's really ready to be in a bed. Kathleen never did; I think she'd have happily slept in a crib for about forever...

Glad Sophie's okay!

The Murray Family said...

Yikes...she's fine though, so it's all good, right? As soon as my kids could pull themselves up I moved the mattress down to the lowest level. It can be hard to get them out sometimes and it's impossible to change the sheets but I was so paranoid of them getting out. Hehe. And of course Ian, Mr. Independent, was in a toddler bed at 16 months. :o)

Kim said...

Like father like child......Nick did the same thing at that age. Genetics speaks volumes! Sorry. Oma