Monday, March 22, 2010

Sweet Adeline turns 1!

She is sweet, she is little, and now sweet, little Addie is 1!

Adeline turned 1 on Saturday, and we just had to have a little celebration! This is the first time Nick has been home for one of his children's 1st birthdays! We didn't do much, but we tried to make it special. And, we do plan on having a combined party of sorts in April for both girls. (Sophie turns 3 next week!)

I stumbled upon this cute birthday shirt last month, and I just had to get it for Addie. It reads 'Birthday Girl'.




Sophie helped me make cupcakes, pink of course. We love the book Pinkalicious at our house, so it just seemed natural that Addie's cupcakes would be pink. Sophie also found this headband at the party store last week. Addie wasn't so much a fan, but I did manage to get a quick picture before she pulled it off.



Addie was thrilled when we sang Happy Birthday to her. I'm sure all of the neighbors heard too, as we celebrated out on our deck. It was a beautiful 75 degrees!


Pinkalicious was too cute in her 'pinktails' enjoying her pink cupcake.



Addie poked and prodded her cupcake, but I'm not sure she ate more than just a little bit of strawberry frosting. This was as messy as it got, and she soon started hollering to be cleaned up!


I have to say that I'm not so sure I'm a fan of pink cupcakes, but Sophie loved them. We will try chocolate for our next little girls birthday.
We had a lovely day and we are so thankful to have sweet little Addie as part of our family!

2 comments:

Childress Family said...

Sweet! It was a beautiful weekend for birthday parties, wasn't it? Not today, though, today is a good day for a long nap after shots that you get when you get a birthday. :-(

Embrace the Circus said...

Happy birthday, sweet Addie! We're looking forward to a first birthday here... though I don't imagine anyone will let us get away with pink cupcakes! :-)

I can't believe there are two Cook girls I've never met. I really wish the Army had kept us closer... I think Madeline and Sophie would be fast friends.

Miss you!