Sunday, October 24, 2010

Summer Fun

I can't even begin to catch up on my non-blogging of late, so I decided that I would just upload some photos from our fun summer. Then hopefully, I can dedicate a little bit more time to birthdays, the start of school and the fun trip we just took! So here is a brief overview of the Cook Family's summer of fun (in no particular order)!


Adeline in a fountain in Charlevoix, Michigan. She was hesitant at first, but quickly discovered that is was great fun to run through the jets of water!

The Cook Family on the beach of Lake Michigan
(I do believe that Addie is pulling my hair. She wasn't thrilled to be trapped in the backpack)


Sophie proudly displaying a shell she found on the beach



Addie running from me on the beach. She is in her jammies because we camped ON the beach in Grand Haven Michigan. It was so fun and so beautiful!


Another of Sophie and Lake Michigan



Our little ham-I should probably post the series of these photos because they were hilarious.
Sophie has sand and sunscreen infused hair with a bit of humidity too.




Ben on the beach in Grand Haven, Michigan



Our friends Anna and Joshua before they moved to NY this summer



Ben and Sophie by our pool. We spent every morning at swimming lessons, then did a little extra swimming, had lunch and then headed home for naps. Both kids could jump off the diving board by the end of the summer and swim to the edge. Sophie was a force to be reckoned with at the pool-swimming seamed to come naturally to her. (I should probably note that she was the first to jump off the board, only then did Ben try it. There are no life vests or floatation devices allowed at our pool, and the kids have to be able to swim freely to the edge before they are allowed in the deep end.) We can't wait for next summer!



One of many picnics we enjoyed at a park on the Potomac River in Old Towne Alexandria

And I swear there is more to come! I have to admit that I miss blogging and will have to find time to fit it back into the schedule!

1 comment:

Childress Family said...

These are great! MI looks so beautiful! We'll have to check it out someday. I love how everyone's feet and toes are pointing different directions in the one of all our little folk on your sofa. Miss those days. :(