Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Wii are having fun!

Some random fun things from this past week:

I'm not sure what possessed a fully grown man to climb into a crib, but he did. When Sophie woke up from her nap, Nick went to get her. When he didn't come back, I went to check on them. This is what I found!

Yes folks, we bought a Wii, I don't want you to think my spelling is that bad! Nick and I have always said that we wouldn't do video games with the kids. However, I think the Wii is different, and lets be honest, it's really more of a toy for Nick! If you aren't familiar with the Wii, it's a video game system that is fully interactive. The sports are really fun. You have to swing the controller like a golf club or tennis racket. Those are my favorite to play. Nick and I played 9 holes of golf while Ben was at school the other day. Of course he won, I may have to practice while he is at work. We also have the Olympic games disc which is really fun. Last night we played with our friends from Germany, Ben and Adrianne. We had so much fun competing and cheering each other on!

More on Ben and Adrianne.....Ben returned from Iraq last week, and is finishing up some time at Fort Riley before he 'gets out' of the Army in June. It is so much fun to have them here and get to see their little girl Emily.

Here are Sophie and Emily. This is a rare photo of Emily with a bow. Sophie does not like them in her own hair, so she usually removes Emily's too.


Here are all of the kiddos posing on the couch. Ben is holding Sophie so she wouldn't jump off!


This photo was just too funny not to post. Sophie was trying to play the drums on Emily's head-notice there is no bow. Poor Emily....

Sophie had her 1 year check up yesterday. She weighed in at 19 pounds, 15 oz and was 28.5 inches tall. That puts her in the 25th percentile for both. It's funny, because neither of my kids have ever left the 25th percential-ever. Nick was supposed to accompany me to the hospital, but had to go to a meeting instead. So, I had to take both kids. I really should have found someplace else for Ben to go, because he cried harder than Sophie did when she got her shots. He knows he has to get shots when he turns 5, and is already dreading it. Then he really fell apart in the lab when she got her finger poked. I really tried to convince him to stay in the waiting room, but he insisted on coming. Poor boy, he's so sensitive.


4 comments:

The Cherkauskas Family said...

Great pics! I can't believe Nick climbed in the crib--how in the world did he fit? I love the last one of Sophie & Emily too. I'm so glad you're having fun with Ben, Adrianne & Emily. I'm jealous. Wish we could all be together again. Any word yet on where you're headed after Riley?

Kim said...

Tooo cute, Nick is a chip off the old block. Little Pa would do the same things. I think Sophie is definetly a tomboy.........and poor Ben. Make sure Nick goes to his appointment for sure! Hugs, Oma

The Murray Family said...

Adorable! I love that we all get to see each other even after we've left Germany but I wish it could all be at the same time!!

The Murray Family said...

I'm glad to see you're having fun with the Wii. When Brian gets home we are going to get one too! And to answer your question, yes, Alexis is a thumb sucker. Ian took the pacifier but Alexis has wanted nothing to do with that.