Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Pirate or an Alien?

Here at the Cook House, we are anxiously awaiting our newest little one. I am predicting that it will be any day now, but who knows! We had a very busy week last week, full of doctors appointments. Baby Cook has dropped significantly, and earlier in the week, my midwife was concerned. I had been measuring right where I should be (36 weeks, 37 weeks), and then I dropped back to 32 weeks. I was sent for a myriad of tests including two ultrasounds, two non-stress tests, and an extra appointment with my midwife. All is well with the baby, she is just on the small side (about 6 pounds), and is sitting very, very low. She could come at anytime!

On Wednesday I had two appointments, and Nick and I had to juggle the kids around. Sophie went to the YMCA for the day to make things easier for us. Ben went to Church group with me, and then Nick picked him up from Church and took him to work on post. Ben was thrilled to go to Daddy's office for a few hours. I went to my ultrasound appointment, and then we all met up to take Ben to school and get a quick lunch. Ben was so excited about being at Daddy's work and having a quick Happy Meal in the car that he couldn't stop talking about it when he arrived at school. His teacher decided to sit down with him and record the mornings events. Just to preface, Baby Cook is still to be named. Ben is convinced she should be named Elizabeth, which is both my and Sophie's middle name. We are afraid we have used that one too much (sorry Mom). We'll let you know her name when we finally decide! Also, the picture from my ultrasound, was not very good. It is a front on picture of the baby's face, and Nick can't even figure out where her eyes and nose are. This is Ben's take on the mornings events...

We were in the car having my McDonald's meal. My Mom and Dad were eating some of my french fries. Then my Mom showed my Dad the picture from my Mom's doctors appointment. I'm naming her Elizabeth, that's my new sister that's in my Mom's stomach still. Her eyes looked like one had on a pirate patch and then the head looks like a skeleton head. She looked like a t-shirt a little, like there was sleeves in the picture, like long sleeves. That was her body. I saw no feet in that picture. I was like 'this is an alien baby'! The first time my Mom had the pictures taken, the baby looked like she was an alien. It creeped me out!

I sincerely hope that our sweet baby girl will look nothing like a pirate, or an alien for that matter. Hopefully, we will find out very soon!

4 comments:

Kim said...

We are all so anxious for the newest character at your home to arrive..............Ben, you are a funny boy.
Hugs, Oma

The Cherkauskas Family said...

The mind of a child...I love it! Can't wait to hear news about baby girl's arrival. Will be praying for you!

Schaefers said...

Ben would probably be happy with a pirate or an alien :) The rest of us will be happy with a healthy baby girl and a safe delivery for mom.
Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

Uncle Kevin.

Embrace the Circus said...

A pirate or an alien sounds just like what a big brother would wish for... not that we know much about big brothers round these parts!!

We're so excited for your baby girl and we can't wait to find out what you name her. (None of that suspense for us -- neither Jim nor Kathleen will tolerate a name that's not Indiana!)