Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sweet Adeline

Our first day home has been uneventful. We have pretty much just been cuddling on the couch with the kids and the new baby. Sophie is absolutely fascinated by the new baby. She wants to hold her and touch her all of the time, and every time she leaves the room she says "Bye baby". Sophie gets a little upset when we don't let her hold the baby by herself. I have to say that it will be a while before we trust her, since her track record with her baby dolls is not so good. We had a long night, but I hope that it will get better soon.


Nick and the kids are at church, Adeline is napping, and I am supposed to be resting. Of course that means I've showered, picked up the kids toys, started the dishwasher and some laundry, and now am on the computer. I wanted to post a few more pictures of our sweet little one (and big ones too). I promise more to come!

Here is a thrilled big brother, holding his new baby sister. Benny has been so wonderful and patient over the last few days. He does everything asked of him, and has been so sweet with his newest baby sister. However, his patience with Sophie has not increased, and who could blame him since her mission seems to be to terrorize him! (We can't count how many Lego creations have been destroyed!)

Sophie loves to hold Baby Addie. So far, she hasn't been jealous-just a bit curious. She wants to be right there in the middle of the action all of the time. She fetches burp cloths, sleepers and blankets for the baby. I guess she thinks we need to change her clothes more often. Yesterday, I was explaining to Sophie that I had to feed the baby. She ran off into our bedroom and came back with a pacifier for Adeline. I think she was trying to help!



Finally, here is Baby Adeline in her huge car seat before we left the hospital. The outfit I bought for her to wear home was way to big, so we had to settle on this one. She still looked cute though!

I promise to post more pictures as soon as possible!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, love x3!!!!!
Oma

The Cherkauskas Family said...

beautiful...love the pics. keep them coming. now go rest!

The Murray Family said...

Oh, how precious!!! We can't wait to meet her someday!! Congratulations you guys!!!

Embrace the Circus said...

Congratulations! She's darling...

And I love hearing that you wind up spending your "rest" time the same way I do! ;-)