Tuesday, March 18, 2008

First Steps

I wasn't sure what to call this post. Technically, Sophie took her first steps sometime before Valentine's Day. Over the last month I have occasionally caught her taking 2, 3 or even 4 steps. It seemed she just couldn't get up the courage to go farther. Over the last few days, I have suspected that she was taking more steps, I just couldn't 'catch' her in the act. Well, tonight I think we will call it official and mark it on the calendar. She's walking!
It was hard to take the video of her. We practiced several times. First and I to stand her in the middle of the living room where she didn't have anything to grab on to, and then I had to quickly back up and start shooting the video. This was the best one I could get. When she falls down, Benny and I cheer her on and she belly laughs. She must be having fun (or at least think we are silly). Now, this all transpired just before a late bedtime tonight. Maybe she will do some more when she is more rested tomorrow. I only wish she could have waited for Daddy.....

4 comments:

The Cherkauskas Family said...

awesome...way to go sophie! in no time she'll be chasing benny around the house. miss you guys! i'm going to call soon.

Kim said...

Nice job Ms Sophie...........watch our Smokey! The stairs are next.
Hugs Oma

The Murray Family said...

Yeah!! Good job, Sophie!! Two kids running around soon, whew!!

Embrace the Circus said...

Hooray, Sophie! Our little girls grow up so quickly...