Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tops



Well, I wasn't sure we could top Sophie's hair do from the other day, but we have surpassed it by all accounts. The photo on the previous post was taken after she ran her sticky banana covered fingers through her hair. The photo on this post was taken after her nap yesterday. I had washed her hair the night before and I guess it was still a little, ah, fluffy for lack of a better term. I had to wake her up early to go pick up Benny from preschool, and this is what I found waiting for me! Luckily for us, it was only in the 30's so I slapped her winter hat on her. I am anxious for her hair to grow a little more so it behaves!


The past weekend, we decided at the last minute to get away to Kansas City. We went with our friends Jennifer and Christian, and their daughter Taylor who soon turns 8. Benny and Taylor have been playing together for 2 years now, and behave like brother and sister. We shared a big suite at the Embassy Suites in the posh Plaza District. The Plaza is a newly revitalized area of the original downtown. There are lots of shops and great restaurants. I was very excited to eat at the Cheesecake Factory, which I haven't done since we lived in Kentucky. We didn't have any plans for the weekend, since our trip was so last minute. When we woke on Saturday morning, we found that the weather was on our side, and that we were going to have an unusually warm day. So, we decided to take advantage of the sunshine, and we went to the zoo. It ended up reaching the low 70's. Sunday we went shopping at an outside mall also in KC. I was so glad we could enjoy the warm weather, because it has already passed and actually snowed on Sunday night!
The big highlight of the weekend, was probably the hotel itself. It was very nice and had a great pool for the kids. I do not have a picture yet of Sophie in her swimsuit, but will post one when I get one from Jennifer. My mother in law, Kim, bought her an adorable, ruffly bikini. It's really quite ridiculous, but actually quite cute to see her big belly hanging out! I swear she won't own another bikini though until she is 20. Sophie loved to play by the pool and watch the other kids, but once she got in the water, all she wanted to do was fall asleep. It must have been very soothing to her, and it was past her bedtime. We will try again when Nick comes home. Benny is not very adventurous at all in the pool. I'm hoping to get him in some lessons this summer so he can enjoy the water more.

3 comments:

Kim said...

How cute.........even though she looks a little like Don King! We need to get those kids in Lake Michigan. Hugs, Oma

Embrace the Circus said...

That hair is hysterical! Glad you had fun in KC. Wish you could come swimming with us here!

The Murray Family said...

The hair itself is so funny, but the face that goes along with it just makes the whole picture...I love it!