Monday, January 28, 2008

Our soldiers....


Many of you have already read the Time.com news article about Nick and 1-4 CAV, but I thought I would post it too. It was such a great article, and I am so proud of Nick and his soldiers! They are doing great things for their neighborhood, and the people there are already getting very anxious and sad about them leaving. One family asked Nick recently if he could stay longer. His response was "You'll have to ask my wife!"..... you all know what my response would be! Here is the link to the article:



This is a recent photo of Nick and some of his men. Benny wondered why his daddy wasn't wearing cool sunglasses like the other soldiers. Well, poor Nick is nearly blind and cannot wear his contacts in Iraq. He doesn't qualify yet for Lasik surgery (at least here are Fort Riley), because his eyes are so bad! Maybe sometime this year!

2 comments:

Childress Family said...

Thanks for sharing the link. You certainly have many reasons to be proud of him.

JStar said...

Hi Sarah! This is Joni Starling, remember me? I found your blog on Marie's blog. What a great article about Nick! Are you at Riley now? I was just up there two weeks ago picking up Jim. He just returned home from a MTT deployment to Afghanistan. Now we are down at Sill. Congrats on little Sophie! Last time I saw you, you just had one kiddo :)