Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Splish! Splash! We love our baths!



Recently, the kids started taking their baths together. I figured this was ok since Benny had already asked all of these embarrasing (and somewhat hysterical) anatomy questions when Sophie was born. It saves me some time too, as bathtime usually takes close to an hour. They love to play and splash together. Of course, Sophie only wants to play with what Ben has chosen to play with. You can see she is still in the baby bathtub. I tried her out of it once. Our little daredevil wanted to swim laps-she crawled from one end to the other. It made me really nervous. So she remains in the baby tub until another adult can help me or I miracuously grow a second, and much needed set of arms (not likely). Anyway you look at it though, bathtime is a happy end to our day.

4 comments:

Embrace the Circus said...

I bathe both the girls at the same time, too! Madeline still needs to be held, really, but I put her in the baby bathtub right next to Kathleen, who insists on helping to wash her... Bathing both girls at once is the only way I can get them both to bed by 7 or so (without eating dinner at 4:30!).
If you hear anything about how to grow another set of arms, though, let me know, because those could come in really handy!

Paula said...

We had a neat little bath ring that Emma would sit in, but wasn't able to get out of. When I pulled it out of the box for Ethan, the rubber suction cups on the bottom had lost their ability to suck so it tips too easily. Ethan is so busy in the tub, I wonder why I haven't just bought another. Your little bathtub looks pretty nifty, though, with the seatback.

Kim said...

I love looking at those adorable kids. Can't wait to see them and help out with bath time.
Hugs Oma

The Murray Family said...

Oh, I'm looking forward to the double bathing time! Haha! I think Ian is a little too crazy in the tub right now to have Alexis in there with him but I'm sure when she gets a little bigger it will save some time.